Craigslist is an internationally popular website used for posting jobs, items for sale, real estate, services and personal ads. Take advantage of this free service by creating your own advertisement. Read the steps listed below and learn how to post an ad on Craigslist.
- Type the URL http:/craigslist.org into your browser.
- Click on the link, “post to classifieds,” that is located on the upper left hand side of the screen.
- Click on the type of post you want to place. Choices include jobs, housing, services and personals. Depending on what you choose, you will either be taken to a list of guidelines or a list of specified categories. For guidelines, click the button that reads, “I abide by these guidelines.” For categories, click the category that best describes your post.
- Fill in the applicable fields when you arrive at the window to describe your post. Keep your posting title concise and clear. Decide whether readers will be able to see your email address or just a coded version of it [source: Dorkin]. Ensure that all the fields are fully filled in.
- Click the “continue” button.
- Review the mock ad for incorrect or confusing information and spelling mistakes. If you want to edit the ad, click on the “edit” button. It will take you back to the previous screen. If you’re pleased, click the “continue” button.
- Check your email. Craigslist will send you an email that will enable you to publish, edit or delete your posting. Click on the “publish” button to post your ad on Craigslist.